[Asterisk-Users] asterisk SMS and sprintpcs

Kevin Hanson tuxpert at comcast.net
Wed Sep 28 09:55:19 MST 2005

Ric Moseley wrote:

> I have the digital receptionist answering when an incoming call comes
> in to the main trunk.  How do i get it to answer after so many rings
> or seconds.  It seems to pick up on the first ring.  I know how to
> modify the time it takes to go to voice mail but I do not see an
> obvious setting for the delay in digital receptionist pick up.
>
> Thanks.

How about waiting before answering.  Something like:

exten => s,1,Noop
exten => s,2,Wait(15) ; wait 15 sec
exten => s,3,Answer
exten => s,3,Wait(1) ;needed to keep from upcutting the first meessage
exten => s,4,GotoIfTime(8:30-17:00|mon-fri|*|*?s,6) ; if open
exten => s,5,Goto(Mainmenu,s,1) ; closed - go to Auto attendant

I haven't tried this so I'm not sure if you can call Wait() before Answer.

Cheers,
Kevin