[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on windows

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Wed Sep 28 08:40:41 MST 2005

[me shrugs]

I read an interesting quote the other day, can't remember where:

"A religious zealot subconsiously realizes his position is fundamentally
irrational, so he tries to convert
other people to religion in order to validate that position"

:%s/religion/linux/g

Far as I'm concerned, right tool for the right job. DHCP? Linux. Groupware?
Windows. Firewall? BSD. Graphics? Mac. Low cost, ultra flexible kick ass
telephony? Asterisk / Linux.

>An effective DOS attack on a $300,000 Alpha running NT I used to use was
>"wiggle the mouse" :-) I never really understood how that brought a
>multi-CPU machine to a standstill, but it did.

An effective DOS attack on a Linux box:

su root
cd /
rm -rf *