[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on windows

Olivier Taylor olivier.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:26:37 MST 2005

Just press Ctrl-Alt-Del

Usual on windows ;)

Olivier

-----Message d'origine-----
De : asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] De la part de Matt
Envoyé : mercredi 28 septembre 2005 15:22
À : Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Objet : Re: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk on windows

Why on earth would you want to run it on Windows?  First off, your
performance is going to go down because of the GUI... oh your call quality
just went down the toilet?  Yeah sorry the screen saver just
kicked in.   Having issues making calls?  Oh sorry we had to reboot
for a critical update.   Yeah I know audio isn't working right, the
swap file is a little large right now, we need to reboot.

Are you on crack?!?!   Asterisk runs well on Linux because of the lack
of a GUI... sleek simple interface (text) to it.   Linux is free,
windows adds a license cost.   Since you shouldn't be running any
other applications on the server anyway, why not just install Linux?
Trying to run it on windows seems like a bad idea to me.

On 9/28/05, Kanishka Somaratne <kani at technoportal.biz> wrote:
> why can't we compile the asterisk coading in windows, it's done in c++
> so it should work in windows as well

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: