[Asterisk-Users] SIP Tandem Inbound only.

Scott Eisert lists at scotteisert.com
Tue Sep 27 11:54:07 MST 2005

Hello,

I have a carrier that is supplying me with DID inbound over SIP to my asterisk
server.  Because the CID is different with every call that is coming in the
only way I have to authenticate this carrier is IP based.

In my sip.conf I want to define this user as "type=user", however this can't
work because Asterisk only authenticates users by username, not IP.

I can take calls in if I set "type=friend" or "type=peer" which will allow
authentication by IP.  The problem with this is that asterisk sends sip
"OPTIONS" messages to the carrier, because asterisk thinks that the carrier
will be receiving calls as well as sending calls.

The options messages make the carrier very unhappy, and just throw errors on
their end.

I believe that if I were to put Ser in front of asterisk it would resolve this
issue, but that seems a bit drastic, and it is not justified I think.

Does anyone have an idea of how to stop asterisk from sending options messages
to peers or friends, or how to authenticate based on IP address for a user?

Thanks,

- Scott