[Asterisk-Users] blindxfer & atxfer not working?

hugolivude hugolivude at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 10:51:22 MST 2005

I'm wondering whether there's a problem with the blindxfer and atxfer commands.

I was using Asterisk STABLE and pressing the # key to transfer calls
worked fine, except of course when you called up FedEx and they asked
"Enter the number of packages, followed by the Pound key".

I found on the wiki
(http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+config+features.conf)
that updates had been made to address this very problem, so I went to
CVS HEAD and updated features.conf:

[featuremap]
blindxfer => *1                ; Blind transfer
disconnect => *0               ; Disconnect
atxfer => *2                   ; Attended transfer

Now, when a call comes in, I can press *1 and I hear "Transfer", at
which point I enter an extension and the call goes there.  However if
_I_ initiate the call, *1 does nothing - I cannot transfer the call.
Same story for attended transfer (*2).

It doesn't make any difference whether I place the call on a SIP or ZAP channel.

Is this a bug?  If not, what's the secret to transferring outgoing
calls that I initiate?

BTW, I have calltransfer=yes on ALL my ZAP channels and I'm using t in
my Dial commands (I noticed that using T doesn't help – the called
party can't transfer the call either).

Thanks,
Hugh