R: [Asterisk-Users] Problem setting up TDM22B card

tmassey at obscorp.com tmassey at obscorp.com
Tue Sep 27 10:49:24 MST 2005

asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com wrote on 09/27/2005 03:13:21 AM:

> Hi,
>
> I did dmesg | tail it says ...
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dmesg | tail >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> f6 != 58
> f7 != 59
> f8 != 58
> f9 != 59
> fa != 58
> fb != 59
> fc != 58
> fd != 59
> fe != 58
> Freshmaker failed register test

The only time I've seen this it has been on a PCI 2.1 computer.  On a PCI
2.2 computer, I did not see this.  It also was a early TDM board.  If you
have a pre-Rev F board, you may want to swap it for a newer one.  I am
pretty sure that this error was fixed by moving from an earlier board to a
Rev F.  I have a Rev H now, with no issues.

I have not been following this thread closely.  Which chipset does your
motherboard use?  For the record, none of the desktop or server Intel
440-series support PCI 2.2.  (Technically, a single mobile chipset, the
440MX, does support PCI 2.2)  However, all of the 800-series chipsets do.

The easy way to figure this out for Intel chipsets is:  1) Does the
motherboard use slot processors?  If so, it's PCI 2.1.  2) Does the
motherboard support 133MHz PIII processors?  If so, you're possibly PCI
2.2.  3) Pentium 4 chipsets are all PCI 2.2.

I have no idea what other non-Intel chipsets support PCI 2.2.

Reference:  http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/mature/450_440.htm
http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/mature/index.htm

Tim Massey