[Asterisk-Users] Listening for DTMF when dialling (sorry, accidentally sent the previous message too early!)

Peter Spikings peter.spikings at power.net.uk
Tue Sep 27 02:42:02 MST 2005

Hi all,

I want to set up an extension which dials a group of phones while at
the same time plays a message ("Press 1 to leave a message") and
listens for DTMF. I haven't played around yet but the way I read the
docs this isn't possible as the dial command doesn't have appropriate
options and takes complete control of the channel. However surely this
is a normal thing to want to do? Am I right thinking it's not possible?

Are there any plans to have (say) a fork command which splits the
channel into 2 or more threads (passing audio from the first specified to the
caller) and another command (and option to dial) which make * abandon
the other threads and join the caller to the current thread? I'd say it
would make things like this a lot easier and * even more flexible ;)

Thanks,

Peter Spikings

This message has been comprehensively scanned for viruses,
please visit http://virus.e2e-filter.com/ for details.