[Asterisk-Users] StripMSD or extension parser bug?

Jim Gottlieb jimmy at nccom.com
Mon Sep 26 20:27:37 MST 2005

For years we've had the following simple context for outgoing calls:

[outtrunk]
; match any NANP, and strip leading 1 off
exten => _1XXXXXXXXXX,1,StripMSD,1
; dial outbound on trunk group 1
exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,2,Dial,Zap/g1/${EXTEN}

But when I upgraded on Friday to the latest CVSHEAD, this no longer
works.  If I send 13115552368 to this context, I get a message like

pbx.c: Channel 'Zap/361-1' sent into invalid extension '3115552368' in
context 'outtrunk', but no invalid handler

I tried adding a separate line to match 10D:

exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,1,Dial,Zap/g1/${EXTEN}

but the same call generated a "timeout".

I don't know if this is a bug in StripMSD, extension parsing, or user
error.