[Asterisk-Users] BRI Hunting, using both channels on one msn

gw at adcomcorp.com gw at adcomcorp.com
Mon Sep 26 19:48:14 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: armin at melware.de [mailto:armin at melware.de]
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2005 2:30 PM
To: Gregory Wiktor - ADCom Corp.
Cc: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] BRI Hunting, using both channels on one
msn

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 gw at adcomcorp.com wrote:
> Hello Armin,
> I tried your new version of chan capi and it works well.
>
> I did have one question about capi.conf.  I have a bri with 2 spids,
> but I want to have the second go to a zap fax channel.
>
> Right now I can direct it, but the echo canceller is setting up.  Do
> you know a way to cancel it?  Fax works, but I suspect it would work
> better with EC off on large faxes.

I don't know enough about the spid stuff, but you should be able to
create two interfaces in capi.conf (instead of one), which devices=1 for
each.
So you should be able to set different settings for each channel.

Ok, I managed to setup two but had devices=1

When using fax via capi with Eicon cards, the echo canceler should not
be used automatically.

This is correct, however when I do it on an analog machine connected to
a zap channel is what I am concerned about.

I managed to also get a local modem to work via the zaptel port, and
connect at 50kps, although asterisk kept mentioning a fax detect while
the modem would connect.

> I tried the capi fax receive, but the images came out with the wrong
> dimensions(on .05).

Maybe a problem with setting fine/normal resolution?

Turned out to be photoshop, another viewer worked ok.

> Also,
> Is there a way to split each msn into a different call group in
> capi.conf?  I tried a few combinations but no luck.
> I was thinking I could disable the EC for the line in general.

See above.

> Oh as per the hunt, I had verizon program a hunt into the line and it
> seems to work now.  It is funny though, since I think my usrobotics
> modem can also do it, I just don't know exactly how it is handled.
> capi just causes the line to report a busy.
>
> And there is a new eicon driver that works on 2.6.

Which one do you mean?

The new driver? Came out early sept.  Now the scripts work on debian and
you don't need to manually initialize it.

Armin

> Thanks,
> Greg

'channel-problem'.