[Asterisk-Users] TE110P Hanging up & sometimes not picking up on E&M T1

Sascha Deri sascha.deri at AltEnergyStore.com
Mon Sep 26 16:47:37 MST 2005

I'm getting unstable behavior with my newly installed TE110P T1 card. It
hangs up any incoming call anywhere from 20 seconds to 6 minutes.
Frequently, when you call back on our incoming T1 there'll be an
automated announcement (maybe from the telco?) stating "we are unable to
complete your call at this time".  I simultaeously get a yellow alarm on
the system and shortly after the yellow alarm is cleared (appears the T1
card is reconnecting).  Here's what I've tried:

    * I'm using E&M signalling (not PRI), and have toyed with rxwink
      times of 250ms to 450ms.
    * I have also changed:  busydetect=no, callprogress=no

There is also one other odd behavior that I'm noticing... within the
Asterisk CLI I'm seeing that when a call comes in the system appears to
be spawning several extensions at a time. For example, a single call
comes in and I see:

  == Spawn extension (aa_2, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'Zap/19-1'
    -- Executing Hangup("Zap/19-1", "") in new stack
  == Spawn extension (aa_2, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'Zap/19-1'
  == Spawn extension (aa_2, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'Zap/17-1'
  == Spawn extension (aa_2, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'Zap/24-1'
  == Spawn extension (aa_2, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'Zap/13-1'
  == Spawn extension (aa_2, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'Zap/18-1'
  == Spawn extension (aa_2, s, 7) exited non-zero on 'Zap/6-1'

To my untrained eye, it seems that Asterisk is over-reacting and
presenting the single incoming call with hoard of available channels.
Makes me think it has something to do with timing.

Any ideas on what's going on and suggestions on how to fix this?

thanks,
Sasch

--
The Alternative Energy Store
"Making Renewable Energy Affordable" (tm)