[Asterisk-Users] Extension availabilty

Mojo with Horan & Company, LLC mojo at horanappraisals.com
Mon Sep 26 11:48:46 MST 2005

I have had good luck with a php-based status webpage.  My users don't
mind having a page up in their browser.  If you were to use Soundpoint
IP600s, this dynamic page could be shown on the phone, which IMO would
be great unless you had lots of users to monitor.

Also, the polycom soundpoint line of phones use SIP PRESENCE messages to
show 'buddy' status.  This works pretty well most of the time but I'm
sure it can only get better over time.

Joshua Laroff wrote:
> I have a client that has an old Merlin system. They would like to move
> to an Asterisk based system, however, with their existing system  each
> phone is capable of displaying who is on the phone within there office.
> This is done by lighting a red light for each line(extension) that is in
> use. Has anyone been able to neatly create this feature? Perhaps an XML
> application can be written for the Cisco 7960's that would be capable of
> displaying which extension is being used and which extensions are not in
> use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks in advance,
> -Josh

Mojo <mojo at horanappraisals.com>
Office Manger, Horan & Company, LLC