[Asterisk-Users] Extension availabilty

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 11:28:31 MST 2005

 The snom360 phones along with the current CVS-HEAD of Asterisk can
presently do this. You'll want to do a wiki search on "Hint" in the dialplan
for implementation details.
  Polycom has also just released a DSS sidecar to go with their 601 model
phones, but the firmware to support more than 8 appearances at a time is
still in the works.
  If you need something "now", I'd go with snom360's and Asterisk. I have
deployed this already in production and it is working quite well. The DSS
LED lights solid when the person is on the line, and blinks when their phone
is ringing with an incoming call.