[Asterisk-Users] iax problem

Piotr Chytla pch at packetconsulting.pl
Mon Sep 26 07:23:56 MST 2005

On Sun, Sep 25, 2005 at 07:26:12AM -0600, Rich Adamson wrote:

> Two approaches that have been rather common are:
>  1. use the separate contexts for each did,
>  2. in the register statement, add /1234 at the end; like
>     register => username:secret at abc.com/6789

I don't think it will work , iax statement don't have
exten on end.

[..]
register <user>[:<password>] @ <remote_host> [:<port>] To register with
another IAX server.
[..]

This is true for SIP but not for IAX.

> For #2, incoming calls would be handled with:
>  exten => 6789,1,Dial(SIP/1235)

Besides that :

*CLI> iax2 show registry
Host                  Username    Perceived             Refresh  State
X.X.X.X:4569      Username1       [MYIP]:4569        60  Registered
X.X.X.X:4569      Username2       [MYIP]:4569        60  Registered
X.X.X.X:4569      Username3       [MYIP]:4569        60  Registered

source and destination ports for all 3 iax registrations are the same ,
and my isp see only one, becouse rest is overwriten.

/pch

--
Dyslexia bug unpatched since 1977 ...
exploit has been leaked to the underground.