Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Vonage-type service

Federico Alves sales at minixel.com
Mon Sep 26 06:41:33 MST 2005

I want to share some facts with the Asterisk community. I have been very
successful providing a Vonage-type system based on Asterisk. For instance,
one company that uses Asterisk and offers a similar service to Vonage is
Voyze.com. The key concept is that Asterisk works like a Cisco, for all the
intelligence is provided by SQL Server, outside Linux. I don't even save the
CDR locally. The configuration files, like sip.conf, are downloaded from SQL
Server, where they are generated and modified by triggers that execute in
several tables. The Management GUI is simply an application that modifies
SQL tables, and so does the Web application, for the end customer. Both are
written with Microsoft Visual Studio 2003. It works perfectly, is scalable
and very cheap to maintain. I use freetds and UnixODBC to link both worlds,
Linux and Windows 2003 Enterprise.

We don't sell the system. We provide a full independent system for customers
including co-location, for a setup fee and 1/2 cent per call, regardless of
length. We also provide US termination via our own DS3 for 1.3 cents a
minute, and it does support T.38 faxing.

Federico Alves