[Asterisk-Users] context question

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Mon Sep 26 01:10:15 MST 2005

That doesnt really help.  As stated in the email you replied to what is
to prevent someone doing say

[1]
exten => 1,1,goto(2,1,1)

or customer A *and* customer B trying to define the same context name,
to use your example lets say they both want to create context '1'.

I want to be able to create 1 system that has multiple users who are
able to create their own dialplans without naming collisions with other
customers or gotos going to other customers, etc.

This is more for a virtual hosting type setup so I can have one large
machine instead of many smaller ones, thus allowing for better ROI.

While many have suggested that I learn the basics of contexts (as you
did) no one has been able to ansewr the actual question asked making me
think there is no current answer, and an AGI is the way to go.  That way
I can have more control over what data is observed and all that.  I just
didnt want to write an AGI if there was an existing solution, especially
if it was part of asterisk itself and not an external program.

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 09:31 +0200, Bruno De Luca wrote:
> this can help u:
> EXTENSIONS.CONF
>
> [1]
> exten => 1,1,Dial(SIP/1)
> exten => 3,1,Dial(SIP/3)
>
> [2]
> exten => 2,1,Dial(SIP/2)
> exten => 4,1,Dial(SIP/4)
>

> trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com wrote:
> > They are aware of each other in 2 senses.  First you can goto() them.  I
> > wanted to stop the ability of someone to put in a goto() in their
> > dialplan to a context that is someone elses (think asterisk hosting).
> > Second naming collissions.  I wanted to stop two people from having the
> > same name and causing grief that way.
> >
> > That is why I made the references about prepending some customer id or
> > something, but I dont think that is the best way to accomplish this
> > (personal preference), so it will either be an AGI to accomplish this or
> > it will be something else that already exists that I havent been able to
> > locate as yet.
> >

> > On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 21:50 -0500, info at beprojects.com wrote:
> >
> > > I may be missing something, but aren't all contexts unaware of each
> > > other be default?
> > >
> > > If I do the following
> > >
> > > [contexta]
> > > exten => 3200,1,Dial(SIP/3200,5)
> > >
> > > [contextb]
> > > exten => 3300,1,Dial(SIP/3300,5)
> > >
> > > Each context has a phone and they can't call each other.  The are
> > > completely isolated.  Unless I'm missing what you are trying to do....

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378