[Asterisk-Users] TE405P V2 - Fantastic!

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Sep 25 21:36:46 MST 2005

Rod Bacon wrote:

> Audio levels are better (have set tx and rx gains back to 0.0) and
> missed frames have gone (popping, clicking, etc.). Echo on bridged calls
> has also gone (I have now been able to disable echo cancellation on
> bridged calls, too!).

Bridged calls with 2nd gen firmware result in the audio never leaving
the card; that's why you are seeing such an improvement. Essentially,
the Zaptel 'native bridge' is pushed all the way down into the card, so
the audio stream is never passed across the PCI bus (it's not even
packetized, just directly connected between the two channels).

Glad to hear it was worth the time it took to get to you!