[Asterisk-Users] Best Voip provider

Jaime Lopez jsollano at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 19:19:02 MST 2005

On 9/25/05, Scott Wolfe <scottwolfe at orbus.net> wrote:

> All of the providers given so far seem to have a limited simultaneous
> connections. As a business solution (multiple outgoing calls at one time)
> what are you guys using?

I've been using a mixture of voxee, voipjet, mutualphone and nuphone.

Nuphone has great termination and provides did's (Toll Free numbers
and Michigan). For USA termination, they are great, altough support is
slow, but you'll barely require it.

voxee and voipjet are good all around, but some destinations are not
that good. In particular, I've been having problems to some
destinations in Mexico, which i use a lot (by the way, if someone
knows of a provider who can offer high quality iax2 termination to
mexico for under US$0.06 please tell me!)

These three providers support iax. voxee and NuFone support sip also.

Then, there's mutualphone. They only support sip but only with g.729.
Generally speaking, good quality, but I've had trouble terminating
some calls to Mexico. I blame this on their use on sip, but not really
sure. What happens is that some calls are cut short, or get one way
audio only. Something i really don't like of them is that call
progress is really poor. In Mexico there are a lot of call progress
indications that are recordings telling what's going on (phone is
busy, phone is out of service). They won't let through most call
progress indications, or you will be billed from the moment you get
some call progress. Sometimes even worse, you won't hear anything, but
will be billed!. This problem with indications happens sometimes with
the other two, but is worse with mutualphone. Also, it's payment
process is a nightmare. Mutualphone's greatest advantage is it's low
cost.

Please forgive my verboseness. I hope this is good for someone