[Asterisk-Users] SoundPoint IP Attendant Console

Chris Coulthurst asterisk at shuksan.com
Sat Sep 24 21:27:26 MST 2005

So the IP 601 is the 600 with a few extras?  Looks like Polycom dropped the
ball again -- yet another pretty phone with NO BACK LIGHT.   Does the design
team at Polycom have their brains unscrewed?

I've been playing with some Aastra phones lately, with limited success on
working properly.  The only motivations for checking out these other phones
were the two things that polycom has been lacking from the get-go...REAL
LEDs and Backlit displays.

PBX and KSU telephones have had backlights for more than a decade now.  If I
wanted a phone I can't see in the dark, I'd use the Panasonic D1232 I
already had...

I've been using a set of 300s, 500s and one 600 for 4 months now, and have
been very happy with the results.  As soon as Polycom pulls its head out of
its you-know-what and makes LEDs, backlights, and maybe a usable
administrator's guide, I'll consider them for my customers in the future.
So far, looks like Aastra is winning the bid...(barely)

Chris Coulthurst
chris at shuksan.com