[Asterisk-Users] Send DTMF after call bridge

Mohammed Salim msalim at ezzitel.com
Sat Sep 24 12:21:59 MST 2005

Hello everyone.

Let me first begin by explaining what I'm trying to do...

I have a calling card that has an access number and requires a PIN to be
entered and then the number you want to dial, like normal calling cards. So
what I have done is assign a local DID which when called, initiates a Dial
to the access number of the calling card.

Now, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to send DTMF tones via the
dialplan once the call has been bridged.  So far I've tried using 'w' in the
Dial string to specify the wait period before dialing the digits that
follow. I've also tried using the D(digits) option for the Dial application
but it clearly says that it will only send the digits once the channel is
answered and before it is bridged.

So how in the world can you send DTMF via the dialplan to a bridged call? Is
it even possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Mohammed Salim