[Asterisk-Users] BRI Hunting, using both channels on one msn

Armin Schindler armin at melware.de
Sat Sep 24 11:30:07 MST 2005

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 gw at adcomcorp.com wrote:
> Hello Armin,
> I tried your new version of chan capi and it works well.
>
> I did have one question about capi.conf.  I have a bri with 2 spids, but
> I want to have the second go to a zap fax channel.
>
> Right now I can direct it, but the echo canceller is setting up.  Do you
> know a way to cancel it?  Fax works, but I suspect it would work better
> with EC off on large faxes.

I don't know enough about the spid stuff, but you should be able to create
two interfaces in capi.conf (instead of one), which devices=1 for each.
So you should be able to set different settings for each channel.

When using fax via capi with Eicon cards, the echo canceler should not be
used automatically.

> I tried the capi fax receive, but the images came out with the wrong
> dimensions(on .05).

Maybe a problem with setting fine/normal resolution?

> Also,
> Is there a way to split each msn into a different call group in
> capi.conf?  I tried a few combinations but no luck.
> I was thinking I could disable the EC for the line in general.

See above.

> Oh as per the hunt, I had verizon program a hunt into the line and it
> seems to work now.  It is funny though, since I think my usrobotics
> modem can also do it, I just don't know exactly how it is handled.  capi
> just causes the line to report a busy.
>
> And there is a new eicon driver that works on 2.6.

Which one do you mean?

Armin