[Asterisk-Users] context question

trixter http://www.0xdecafbad.com trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Sep 24 10:59:53 MST 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 09:10 -0400, Alex Vishnev wrote:
> I briefly looked thru the code and I don't believe there is a way to
> separate the context or really make them independent. I know exactly what
> you want to accomplish. I think it could be done with a little trick. For
> example, every customer on hosted pbx would be given some kind of unique
> identifier. The back-end would silently place the identifier at the
> beginning or the end of the context making the new name totally unique. The
> front-end would hide identifier from users view and just present the name of
> the context. That way, customers can name their context anything they like
> and there would be no collision. In that case, Goto would also be local to
> the context as the "real" context name will contain customer id.
>
> Does that work for you?

no, because as I stated I didnt like that for personal reasons.  That
sounds exactly what I was thyinking too, prepending some customer
specific identifier.  If that is the only way to do this, then I think I
will just have to run everything through an AGI, which can differentiate
between customers since none of the 'dialplan' is in extensions.conf :)

Thanks though, at least its confirmed that this doesnt exist (yet
anyway).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378