[Asterisk-Users] wrong password on authentication for INVITE to '"asterisk"

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Sep 24 02:46:35 MST 2005

> i tried to send calls through an asterisk box to a
> voip provider the calls failed and here what i got :
>
> *CLI> Sep 24 11:09:19 WARNING[23356]: chan_sip.c:6890
> handle_response: Forbidden - wrong password on
> authentication for INVITE to '"asterisk"
> <sip:asterisk at 195.112.214.99:5070>;tag=as667cb0ae'
>     -- SIP/call-3f73 is circuit-busy
>   == Everyone is busy/congested at this time
>     -- Got SIP response 481 "Call Leg Does Not Exist"
> back from 213.61.187.150
>
> but when i have tried to send calls using xlite
> softphone it worked and the calls passed without any
> problems.

You've made a hell of a lot of assumptions that we understand
your configuration, and we don't.

What is 195.112.214.99 and 213.61.187.150?

Is your sip phone registered with asterisk? (what does sip show
peers indicate?)

Is your sip phone or asterisk registering with your sip provider?
(what does sip show registry indicate?)

Paste the appropriate sections of sip.conf and extensions.conf
along with some clue what addresses and extensions are what.