[Asterisk-Users] Removing "-" (Dash) from Dialed Numbers

Scott Miller scoscmil at imap.iu.edu
Fri Sep 23 12:22:17 MST 2005

I am trying to enable dial-by-email by using LDAPget to query an Active
Directory server.  I've got it retrieving the phone number fine.
Unforunately, the numbers stored in active directory are either in the
format:  (xxx) xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx.   Is there any way to parse
characters out of the dialed phone number so that I only end up with digits
(remove spaces, parenthesis and dashes)?   From there, my outbound routes
can take care of where to send the call.

Help is always appreciated! :-)

Thank you,

Scott Miller