[Asterisk-Users] Dial() and BackGround()

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Fri Sep 23 02:14:52 MST 2005

Hello,

is it possible to use Dial() and BackGround() in combination? I try to
do something like this, but it is not working :( :

exten => isdn,1,Set(LANGUAGE()=de)
exten => isdn,2,Set(GROUP()=support)
exten => isdn,3,GotoIf($[${GROUP_COUNT()} > 1],?100) ;Full group
exten => isdn,2,Ringing()
exten => isdn,3,Dial(SIP/302,120,tT)
exten => isdn,5,Congestion
exten => isdn,6,Bussy
exten => isdn,7,Hangup
exten => isdn,100,Answer()
exten => isdn,101,Dial(SIP/302,120,tT)
exten => isdn,102,Background(music-with-menu-text)
exten => t,1,GoTo(isdn,100)
;exten => i,1,Playback(pbx-invalid)

;If 1 is pressed stop pplaying music-with-menu-text and start mailbox
exten => 1,1,Voicemail(302)
exten => 1,2,Hangup()

With this extensions the first caller is connected to phone 302
(isdn,3). If a second person calls, also 302 is ringing (isdn,101), but
BackGround is not executed in parallel to the Dial command but after 120
seconds.

What I try to do is to make a dial plan that puts the second caller into
the BackGround menu. If 1 is pressed, the mailbox is started and the
call ends. If the caller presses nothing, he stays in the menu but
parallel the phone 302 should ring, because I want to see, that someone
waits in the menu.

How can I implement this? Or isn't it possible?

Best regards and TIA,
Christian

--
Christian Schoepplein <chris at schoeppi.net>