[Asterisk-Users] How to retrieve voicemail from an IP phone?

brett at websmyths.com brett at websmyths.com
Wed Sep 21 21:04:35 MST 2005

On 9/21/2005, "Min Qiu" <mqiu at pop2pop.com> wrote:

> Ok, I tried xlite (SIP softphone) and I could get into the
> voicemail now.  However, I got busy signal when I called
> any Idefisk softphone from xlite.  From Idefisk calling xlite
> seems fine.
>
> Min

Min - make sure your DTMF is working on the Idefisk softphone.
You should be able to get to VM by calling the VM number, when
it asks for Mailbox enter the number followed by the # and then
the password followed by the # - it should immediately go to
you mailbox - if it says Mailbox - waits 10 seconds and then says
password and waits 10 more seconds - then your DTMF is not being
recognized by the system.  You have to fix that first.

Otherwise - you have the dialplan set up to accept unregistered
calls from the Idefisk phones. That's probably why you can't call
them and why they don't get to the VM.  If Idefisk is running sip
they can make calls because they send a SIP setup with the number
in it - but then can't pass DTMF.

Brett