[Asterisk-Users] Re: [Asterisk-Dev] maximum concurrent ZAP channels .... max conf ports ...

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Sep 21 12:43:08 MST 2005

On Wed, Sep 21, 2005 at 08:58:41PM +0630, Vamsi Pottangi wrote:
> Is it possible to go beyond 250 concurrent ZAP channels with some tweaking
> or workaround ? Meetme uses zap channels, so we could have a max of 250
> conference ports. Is it possible to higher this ?
>
> "An Asterisk system can only handle a *max. of 250 concurrent ZAP channels*.
> This is due to the design limit (255) within the ZAP channel driver."

Yes, I don't know where you got this information from, but that limit has been
removed a LONG time ago.  Zaptel provides another interface for opening device
files past the ~250 or so that exist in /dev/zap.  Your biggest limit now is
building a machine that can comfortably handle that many zap channels.

--
Matthew Fredrickson