[Asterisk-Users] Re: Re: how to distinguish the "ringing" and"connected"for zap channel

Alchaemist info at lnet.com.ar
Wed Sep 21 12:32:17 MST 2005

Hi Peter
1) how to config callprogress=yes ? in extensions.conf? could you give me an
example?

Not in extensions.conf, but in zapata.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+zapata.conf

In my case, busydetect=yes and busycount=5 were the key to getting it right.

2) you means record the call (via zaptel) into a file and analyze it with
audio tool?
In my case it was simpler. I had trouble with detecting the busy tone. So
when I called the voicemail, it didn't detect the hangup, thus it kept
recording the line (with the tone) until the tone stopped or the VM got
tired of waiting. Then I received the WAV in my email... so in short I did
not need to record it.

Now, if you are detecting the busy tone, right, then you can record either
by zaptel (I really don't know how) or an easier way, through the sound card
of the machine you are calling from with a iax/sip softphone. Usually it is
as easy as selecting the sound card record mode, and selecting the mixer
channel.

Now.. indications.conf, seems not only to define how to generate the tones,
but also how to interpret them. At least, mine only worked once I changed
those values.

REGARDS!
Alchaemist

"Liu Peter" <voipforum at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:62fe4032050920122145d739d9 at mail.gmail.com...
1) how to config callprogress=yes ? in extensions.conf?
could you give me an example?
2) you means record the call (via zaptel) into a file and analyze it
with audio tool?

thanks..