[Asterisk-Users] iax2 trunking wackyness

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Wed Sep 21 10:52:25 MST 2005

I have two Asterisk boxes that I thought were trunked, but based on not
seeing the (T) in iax2 show peers, now I'm not sure.

Server 192.168.xxx.1 extensions.conf has:
Exten => _2XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/interoffice:password at 192.168.xxx.2/${EXTEN})

Server 192.168.xxx.1 iax.conf has:
[general]
trunk=yes
[interoffice]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=extensions
secret=password
disallow=all
allow=g729

Server 192.168.xxx.2 extensions.conf has:
Exten => _3XXX,1,Dial(IAX2/interoffice:password at 192.168.xxx.1/${EXTEN})

Server 192.168.xxx.2 iax.conf has:
[general]
trunk=yes
[interoffice]
type=friend
host=dynamic
context=extensions
secret=password
disallow=all
allow=g729

Should I plug in the actual IP addresses instead of host=dynamic?  Also,
I do not currently have "register" statements.
In iax.conf for these.