[Asterisk-Users] Does Asterisk know if the trunks are busy?

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Wed Sep 21 08:03:16 MST 2005

I am planning on dabbling with some VOIP providers.
I was thinking of Teliax first.

My thinking is that the first LD call would go to teliax and the second
(etc.) calls would go out to the PSTN.

I could then verify bandwidth and quality to decide when to add more trunks
and to Internet connections.

I have been doing some concept testing with FWD for toll free calls, but I
am using 393 as a trunk access code.

Question:

Will Asterisk know that the one Teliax circuit is in use and use a different
trunk?
How would I make the dialplan to use a different trunk if the Teliax one is
busy?

Currently I have:
[outrt-003-dial9]
include => outrt-003-dial9-custom
exten => _9.,1,Macro(hoodahek,${ARG1})
exten => _9.,2,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,${EXTEN:1},)   ;or could be
Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN}) ;exten => _9.,3,Macro(outisbusy) ; No available
circuits

;Since this is a PRI group, I am not sure how it's internals work. I do not
see it say channel 1 is busy, channel 2 is busy using channel 3 in the logs.

would I just change it to:
[outrt-003-dial9]
include => outrt-003-dial9-custom
exten => _9.,1,Macro(hoodahek,${ARG1})
exten => _9.,2,Macro(dialout-trunk,4,${EXTEN:1},)   ;or could be
Dial(IAX2/Teliax1${EXTEN}) ; Will it skip this if it is in use or down?
exten => _9.,3,Macro(dialout-trunk,1,${EXTEN:1},)   ;or could be
Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN})
exten => _9.,4,Macro(outisbusy) ; No available circuits
?

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
having a better past.