[Asterisk-Users] add 0 (zero) to incoming callerID - how?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Wed Sep 21 07:10:36 MST 2005

I have an asterisk box and SIP / IAX2 phones.

To call out, users have to add 0 (zero) before a real telephone number.

That means, that if they want to call someone that has a number 123456,
they have to call 0-123456.

Simple, right?

This has a serious drawback though - when someone calls us from the
number 123456, we see the callerID 123456, and we're unable to use the
callback/redial feature in the telephone (because the phone doesn't know
that it should add 0 before the number).

So the idea is to manipulate the incoming callerID number, and to add a
0 before it.

This way the telephone user will be able to callback/redial.

How can I manipulate the incoming callerID number (and add 0 before it)?

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org