[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk PBX

Tom Rymes trymes at rymesheating.com
Wed Sep 21 06:14:47 MST 2005

On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, kapil dhawan wrote:

> Hi List
>
> I am very new to Asterisk but have been alloted a job to replace my
> traditional PBX with it. Kindly provide me some useful info (PDF's
> etc) to setup Asterisk with FXO and FXS both.
>
> I have to cater some 60 users with 10 simultaneous calls.
>
> Regards

Go to asteriskathome.sourceforge.net and download A at H. Be
*****VERY******* *****VERY***** *****VERY***** careful with the CD
you burn, though, as when booted it will erase your hard drive and
install CentOS ***WITHOUT WARNING****

Other than that, it is a very good way to replace a PBX for an office
of that size. Of course, you will need to select phones, server
hardware, PSTN interconnect hardware, etc. as well. Considering how
important phones are to the average business, you might want to
consider hiring a consultant (might I recommend <cough> <cough> me?)
to help get you up to speed. It's just a thought, but getting help
from someone who has already done this might keep you from making a
few expensive mistakes (ie: buying equipment that is over/
underpowered, unreliable, low quality, etc.)

If you choose to do it yourself, A at H, voip-info.org, and this list
will be your best tools.

Tom