[Asterisk-Users] ${DIALSTATUS} problems

Mark Edwards mark.p.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 21:36:34 MST 2005

Have come to a solution on this, and as I suspected, the issue appears to be
a bit of a version mismatch between terminating asterices. (Is that the
plural of asterisk?) Anyway, to cut a long story short, I tested with
another provider, found that they were running a later version (nearer
CVS-HEAD) and started to see some useful data in the CAUSE CODE coming back
in the IAX stream on hangup. Fortunately, this is finding its way into the
${HANGUPCAUSE} variable, so I am now able to implement this in the dialplan.

cheers,

Mark.

On 9/21/05, Liu Peter <voipforum at gmail.com> wrote:

> I met same problem when dial via zap channel.
> Does anyone know how to solve it?
> thanks.
>

> 2005/9/15, Mark Edwards <mark.p.edwards at gmail.com>:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm dialling two numbers - one that's unobtainable, one that's busy.
> >
> > ${DIALSTATUS} is coming back ANSWER each time right before the channels
> hang
> > up.
> >
> > Am using the following dialplan macro to dial out.
> >
> > [macro-advdial]
> > exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},20,g) ; Ring the interface, 20 seconds maximum
> > exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1) ; Jump based on status
> > (NOANSWER,BUSY,CHANUNAVAIL
> > ,CONGESTION,ANSWER)
> > exten => s-CHANUNAVAIL,1,NoOp("CHANUNAVAIL")
> > exten =>
> > s-CHANUNAVAIL,2,UserEvent(ChannelUnavailable|Account:
> > ${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
> > exten => s-CONGESTION,1,NoOp("CONGESTION")
> > exten => s-CONGESTION,2,UserEvent(Congestion|Account:
> > ${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
> > exten => s-ANSWER,1,NoOp("ANSWER")
> > exten => s-ANSWER,2,UserEvent(Answer|Account:
> > ${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
> > exten => s-BUSY,1,NoOp("BUSY")
> > exten => s-BUSY,2,UserEvent(Busy|Account:
> > ${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
> > exten => s-NOANSWER,1,NoOp("NOANSWER")
> > exten => s-NOANSWER,2,UserEvent(NoAnswer|Account:
> > ${ACCOUNTCODE}^${CALLERIDNUM})
> > exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1) ; Treat anything else as no answer
> >
> > Outbound calls are made using Manager originate interface from a meetme
> room
> > channel Local/4000/n where 4000 is an extension which accesses the
> meetme
> > room.
> >
> > ITSP is terminating outbound calls to me via IAX2.
> >
> > I need to be able to see the CAUSE CODE status of the call if it is
> > answered, CONGESTED or BUSY.
> >
> > my ITSP is in Australia - as am I.
> >
> > the IAX2 debug clearly indicates a zero CAUSE CODE on most call cases.
> >
> > Any idea what I might be able to do to make the CAUSE CODE a little more
> > meaningful?
> >
> > Also, does ${DIALSTATUS} or ${HANGUPCAUSE} work better on PRI?
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Mark.
> >
> > --
> > regards,