[Asterisk-Users] sipuras 841 bad sound

Anton Krall akrall-lists at intruder.com.mx
Tue Sep 20 16:46:48 MST 2005

Hi Guys!

I have a problems with some sipuras 841 and asterisk 1.0.9.

Im using 841 with asterisk 1.0.9 with a digium card (single e1 span) with
steve's unicall.

Everything compiled fine and in fact I can make and receive calls but I have
a problem with bad sound when the sipuras call the outside E1's lines. I can
listen to the caller without problems but they heard me with a choppy sound
as if you were losing frames or cutting off. Calls between internal sipuras
sound good (eventhough the speaker and headset sound comes and goes, for
example, when you start talking, seems as if the sipuras takes a few seconds
to catch up with you on volume so the remote user listen to you as if the
first words and the last were at low volume and the conversation in the
middle sound good, any had that problem?)

So, internal calls sound good between 841's but sound volume is weird at the
start and end of a sentence.
Calling the outside lines via E1's, I can listen to people without problems
but they heard me as choppy or cut off.

Anybody had issues like this? Is it asterisk or the phones or what?

Hope you can help Guys, Im really banging my head against the wall here.