[Asterisk-Users] Snom-320 badly garbled audio

Darren Ellis darren at ieworks.net
Tue Sep 20 12:52:27 MST 2005

Hello,

I just bought a Snom-320 from ATAComm.  I plugged it into my LAN,
registered it with *, etc.  All my other SIP gear is Sipura and works
fine, both on the LAN and over the Internet.
The new Snom seems like it can't process the audio from the handset
mic.  A steady tone is garbled, even on the LAN.  I've contacted
ATAComm, Snom and the company representing Snom in the US.  So far,
ATAComm hasn't helped at all.  The tech just said "I dunno," and
referred me to the US Snom rep co.  Snom has replied, but the time zone
differential and language barrier is making the process tedious.

My * server is running Asterisk 1.0.9, zaptel 1.0.9.1, libpri 1.0.9.

The frustrating part of this is that the Sipura gear works great.  So, I
have a hard time accepting that it's an * or LAN issue.

Does anyone out there have Snom 320 phones in use?  Are you experiencing
garbled audio from the handset?  Audio in works fine.  But nobody can
understand what I say back to them.

I upgraded the Snom-320 to the latest firmware, v4.2, but that did not
clear the problem.

I've retooled so that I'm forcing ulaw, as I found that some folks have
had bad luck with GSM.  But I've tried both.

Thanks

Darren