[Asterisk-Users] Re: how to distinguish the "ringing" and "connected"for zap channel

Alchaemist info at lnet.com.ar
Tue Sep 20 11:04:15 MST 2005

Hi there,

        Basically, youare supposed to play arround with indications.conf
        To have the extensions configured with callprogress=yes but, be
carefull because it is quite experimental.
        Also, what I did was to get an audio program (Cooledit, Adobe
audition, or other), and you should use the spectral view (FFT Fast Fourier
Transform), there you will be ableto see which frequencies the tones have,
and their duration.

        Now, having said that.... I was half successfull in making it work,
and I still have some problems, so if anybody else has a clear idea of what
can be done, please shout in here ! :)

        Give a look to this:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+config+indications.conf
        Particullaryl the section: Generating a Tone Set

        And this:
http://www.speech.kth.se/wavesurfer/

        Cheers!
Alchaemist

"Liu Peter" <voipforum at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:62fe4032050920103043d916b9 at mail.gmail.com...
I have a TDM card in a asterisk machine.
I found that once I used it to call out, the call status changed to
"connected" even the callee is still ring.
How could asterisk distinguish the "ringing" and "connected" in zap channel?

thanks.