[Asterisk-Users] Aterisk App ICES Question

Daniel Mikusa dan at trz.cc
Tue Sep 20 08:07:20 MST 2005

I have a question about the Asterisk Application ICES. I've got Asterisk
setup to accept a phone call and call the ICES app which sends it to an
Icecast server.

exten => 1,1,SetGroup('stream')
exten => 1,2,GetGroupCount()
exten => 1,3,Ices('contrib/${GROUPCOUNT}-ices.xml')
exten => 1,4,Hangup

Everything works fine. Unless I have more than 24 phone calls being
converted at the same time. When I try to bring up the 25 phone call the
call comes up, Asterisk answers, and begins encoding the call.
Everything is ok with that call. However, as the 25 call comes up one of
the first 24 calls ( there is no pattern ) breaks. I say breaks because
Asterisk doesn't hangup on the call, but it does stop sending data to
the ICES application, which causes a timeout on the Icecast server.

If I make direct connections from the ICES application to Icecast
everything works, I can run as many simultaneous streams as I want.

I've tried increasing the open file limit with ulimit, but it doesn't help.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening?

Thanks,
Dan