[Asterisk-Users] Dial time limit doesn't work when calling party transfers

Alejandro Ríos P. alejandro.rios at avatar.com.co
Mon Sep 19 13:53:24 MST 2005

Hi,

I'm using the AbsoluteTimeout and Dial (with L() option) commands to set
a timeout for my calls, but when the calling user transfers a call the
timeout doesn't work and the call last until hanging-up.

If the call is not transfered the limit works just fine.

¿How can I make this work?

Thanks in advance.

My asterisk version is 1-0-9-07 and here's an example of one of the
macros I use:

[macro-long-distance]
; Macro for long distance calls
exten=>s,1,Authenticate(4567)
exten=>s,2,AbsoluteTimeout(${ARG3})
exten=>s,3,SetAccount(2)
exten=>s,4,Dial(${ARG1},${ARG2}|TtL(${ARG3}000:30000))
exten=>s,5,Congestion(5)
exten=T,1,ResetCDR(w)
exten=T,2,NoCDR
exten=T,3,Hangup