[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Keep Crashing need Help please

Ka Lun Chan mrprotocols at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:53:03 MST 2005

Hi All,
 My Asterisk Server crash at least once a day. The full and message log
files did not show any errors or indication on why the asterisk service
crashed. After looking at the core dump file, I am still unable to identify
the problem. Can someone please give me some guideance on what I can do?
Thank You All
 Asterisk is loaded with version 1.0.5, PyAsterisk, and postgresql. Is used
for IP Phone only with SIP protocols only.
Server Spec: Dual Xeon 3.0 processor with 2G memory
Here is the core dump:
#0 ed_next_char (el=0x6, c=-1073749366) at common.c:315
315 return (CC_REFRESH);
(gdb) bt
#0 ed_next_char (el=0x6, c=-1073749366) at common.c:315
#1 0x080b72db in ast_strcasestr (haystack=0x80fbf30 "èº\017\b
î\022B\200ï\022B", needle=0xbfffe2dc "") at utils.c:389
#2 0x0809cb32 in session_do (data=0x2) at manager.c:252
#3 0x42015504 in ?? ()
#4 0x00000002 in ?? ()
#5 0xbfffe674 in ?? ()
#6 0xbfffe680 in ?? ()
#7 0x4001582c in ?? ()
#8 0x00000002 in ?? ()
#9 0x08052ac0 in __do_global_dtors_aux ()
#10 0x08052ae1 in frame_dummy ()