[Asterisk-Users] OT: Hardware Interrupts; Who is it?

Sig Lange sig.lange at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:34:26 MST 2005

It means you have a piece of hardware that is generating a lot of interupts.
Try a few commands like this:

# vmstat 1
# watch -n1 cat /proc/interrupts
Go through lspci -vb and disable hardware that's not being used.

Watch the numbers as they increase. Also check for ERR and MIS

On 9/19/05, Rich Adamson <radamson at routers.com> wrote:

> > OK. Perhaps I was not clear. Please read my original post again:

> of 90%
> >
> > I did not say "90% usage" I said "90% idle". Meaning I have a constant
> CPU
> > usage of 10%.
> >
> > This 10% measurement comes from the "hardware interrupt" (hi) from
> within
> > "top":
> >
> > Cpu(s): 3.8% us, 2.1% sy, 0.0% ni, 85.5% id, 0.2% wa, 8.0% hi, 0.4% si
> >

> > Even when all other percentages are at 0%, hi remains around 10%. How
> can I
> > figure out what is causing all these interrupts?
>
> I don't have a clue other then to unload drivers, etc.

Sig Lange
http://www.signuts.net/