[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk monitoring availability

Sherwood McGowan madprofzero at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 12:17:03 MST 2005

I personally use Zabbix, and custom scripts that call asterisk -rx or the
manager API and return numeric digits. For instance, I use "asterisk -rx
'sip show peers' | grep --text -i 'OK' | wc -l" to show me how many users
are connected at once, and test for no data return after 60 seconds for
deadlock catching. (Asterisk does not always play nice and return the data
you expect).

Another example: "asterisk -rx 'show channels' | grep --text -i 'active
call' | awk '{print $1}' " (if I remember correctly) gives me my number of
active calls.

Hope this was somewhat helpful.....

  _____