[Asterisk-Users] Pinging ...

Alan Bunch Alan.Bunch at udfc.com
Mon Sep 19 10:09:53 MST 2005

Ok, if I missed something in the wiki please point me there with the
correct search terms.

Asterisk 1.0.7  (AAH really)

4 co lines from Bellsouth into a Diguim T400P.

Polycom 501 x 4 on the desktops.

My problem is on calls to or from the CO I hear a "pinging" (thing sonar
ping in a submarine) every 12 seconds.  You can set your watch to it.
COuld this be a "call recording in progress" tone.  I have not made any
effort to turn on call recording.  If it is I'll go figure out how to
turn it off.  Could this be echo cancelation "retraining"  Am I just
u8nder dosing on my morning meds ?

Any guesses from anyone here. I just want the "pinging" to stop.

One more thing, this machine is remotely managed and is in a distant
city.  If I really have to go I can.

Thank in advance
Alan