[Asterisk-Users] Differ between "private" and "out of area"?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Sep 19 10:18:41 MST 2005

I don't believe you can trust the keywords that may or maynot be in the
calleridname. The telco folks will frequently honor anything that a
company wants inserted as a name (assuming a reasonable request).

So, even if you get the correct logic in place for asterisk code,
the end result is most likely not going to give you what you want.

I know a telco tech that will change the libd database to say
"God Calling", place a call to a buddy, then change it back to the
original string after the call. Also, some itsp's allow you to change
that string to anything reasonable.