[Asterisk-Users] Round-robin with Queue

Jeremy Gault jgault at winworld.cc
Mon Sep 19 08:27:31 MST 2005

List,

Okay, here's one that has me stumped, and it might just be something simple.

Currently, we are setup so that when someone calls in and tries to reach
the operator / front desk, it rings several different phones in
sequence.  (i.e. it rings the front desk for 15 seconds, then a guy down
the hall from it for 15 seconds, then my desk for 15 seconds, and as a
last resort, my cordless for 15 seconds.)

We're doing this with Dial statements (most of which ring a single
device, except the last two which ring two devices each.)  If all that
fails, they go to voicemail.

However, I'd like to use the Queue app to do this instead.  This would
keep one person from having to deal with two calls at a time.  (Plus it
provides a nicer interface for the caller.)

So, I setup a queue like this: (I'm including just the relevant parts)

strategy=roundrobin
member=SIP/100     ; fromt desk
member=SIP/112     ; the other guy
member=SIP/102     ; me
member=Zap/28      ; cordless

Here's what happens.  Say caller #1 calls in, hits 0, gets put into the
queue, and is answered by SIP/112 (the 2nd member.)  A few minutes
later, caller #2 calls in, hits 0, and rings directly to SIP/102 (me)
without ringing SIP/100 first.  (To me, that sounds like what rrmemory
should do, not roundrobin.)

Is something broken with the queue app, or am I setting this up wrong?

I did try adding penalties for the members (i.e. no penalty for SIP/100,
a penalty of 1 for SIP/112, 2 for SIP/102, etc.)  That just resulted in
only SIP/100 being rung.

So, what am I missing/doing wrong here? :)

          Jeremy

--
Jeremy Gault, KD4NED    <jgault at winworld.cc>
Network Administrator, WinWorld Corporation
fwd: 461771             msn msgr: jgault at winworld.cc