[Asterisk-Users] DNS SRV supported phones

Anish Basu anish at softelinc.com
Mon Sep 19 06:17:00 MST 2005

According to our tests, the Polycom 301 and 501 both failover instantly
using DNS SRV records.  The grandstream BT101 and GXP-2000 also failover
using DNS SRV, but only upon re-registration.  This requires that you set
the registration interval to a very small value.  Has anyone gotten the
sipura phones to use DNS SRV?  They are supposed to support it, but I could
not find documentation about it anywhere.
Anish Basu
Field Systems Engineer
Softel, Inc.
Phone: (732) 705-9202