[Asterisk-Users] limiting calls per day based on amount of time

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Sep 19 06:16:17 MST 2005

On Sun, Sep 18, 2005 at 01:09:40PM -0600, Joseph wrote:
> How to implement call limitation based on amount of time call per day.

Something that is not very accurate:

check once in a while based on the number of records in the CDR. There
should be ways to make that check cheap.

More accurate: hold a counter. Incremet it in the dial macro. This may
require a simple agi.

> I've implemented the Dial "L" parameter but in addition I would like to
> limit an extension to certain amount of call time per day.

So make that counter per-extension. The database is probably a place for
that counter. DbGet and DbPut for setting/reading. Not sure about any
way of atomically incrementing it. But then again, can you have two
calls to the same lie at the same time?