[Asterisk-Users] need a simply configuration for calling in/out to PSTN

Ahmad ahmshar at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 19 04:49:47 MST 2005

Hi all,
I have configured Asterisk to call to PSTN phone from
our IP phone, But I am unable to call my IP phone from
a PSTN phone (If I called any number between 21494350
and 21494399, the card should route my call to my IP
phone, IF my configuration was correct). I have done
my research and gathered bits and pieces of
information (which are vague by the way) but still
cannot call my IP phone from outside PSTN phone. I am
posting my configuration here, maybe you can shed some
light on me and tell me how to do it. Do I need to use
trunks in my configuration?

Thanks in advance

======================================extensions.conf
[default]
include => incoming
include => outgoing
include => internal

[sippy]
;exten => 1131,1,Dial(SIP/sipper1)
;exten => 1131,2,Hangup
;exten => 1132,1,Dial(SIP/sipper2)
;exten => 1132,2,Hangup

[incoming]
;exten =>
_2149XX[50-99],1,Dial(IAX2/Elvis&IAX2/Batman&IAX2/superman)
exten => _2149XX[50-99],1,Goto(internal,1133)
exten => _2149XX[50-99],2,Hangup

[outgoing]
exten => _XXXXXXXX,1,Dial(Zap/g1/${EXTEN}) exten =>
_XXXXXXXX,2,Hangup

[internal]
exten => 1131,1,Dial(IAX2/Batman)
exten => 1131,2,Hangup
exten => 1132,1,Dial(IAX2/Superman)
exten => 1132,2,Hangup
exten => 1133,1,Dial(IAX2/Elvis)
exten => 1133,2,Hangup

==========================================iax.conf
[general]
port=4569
;tos=lowdelay
;jitterbuffer=no
;bindaddr=0.0.0.0
;disallow=all
;allow=ulaw,ilbc,gsm,alaw
[Batman]
type=friend
secret=1batman
context=default
host=10.47.200.131
callerid="Batman" <1131>
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,ilbc,gsm,alaw
qualify=yes
fromdomain=10.47.200.0
[Superman]
type=friend
secret=2superman
context=default
host=10.47.200.132
callerid="Superman" <1132>
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,ilbc,gsm,alaw
qualify=yes
fromdomain=10.47.200.0
[Elvis]
type=friend
secret=3elvis
context=default
host=10.47.200.133
callerid="Elvis" <1133>
disallow=all
allow=ulaw,ilbc,gsm,alaw
qualify=yes
fromdomain=10.47.200.0

==========================================zapata.conf
[trunkgroups]
;

[channels]
;
context=default
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=pri_cpe
rxwink=300              ; Atlas seems to use long
(250ms) winks
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
usecallingpres=yes