[Asterisk-Users] Cisco Callmanager & Asterisk for Voicemail revisited

info at beprojects.com info at beprojects.com
Mon Sep 19 04:44:18 MST 2005

> Obviously setting this for each and every phone on Callmanager was not
> an option for any wide deployments, and Paul Davidson investigated
> some of the other options. Paul discovered that it was possible to
> setup a voicemail pilot, tick the voicemail box, etc. but you would
> lose the ability to have the caller ID information added to the
> voicemail.

I have it working where I don't add extensions to * for each number in
CM.  I have one main voicemail number on *, I set the CM phones to BUSY
and NO ANSWER forward to that main voicemail number and they drop into
the appropriate mailbox.

The biggest issues I have are that I am running CM3, so I can't use SIP,
I have to use H.323.  And since I have redundant CM boxes, I had to
setup a H.323 GK and run it in proxy mode (there was some goofy media
path issue where the call came from CM1 and the media path from CM2).