[Asterisk-Users] How does one set-up incoming/outgoing SIP with no registration and only IP authentication?

Frank Tarczynski ftarz at mindspring.com
Mon Sep 19 04:33:43 MST 2005

I'm new to asterisk and need some help with ideas to handle this
configuration question.

I am trying to establish a termination point/DID number in another
country.  I am currently running Asterisk CVS-HEAD.  My foreign provider
uses SIP and authenticates via IP address.  I am not required to
register my SIP connection in order to send or receive calls.

Can someone help me with how to configure this is sip.conf?  My asterisk
box is behind my firewall.  The current configuration works fine for
outgoing calls, but has problems with receiving incoming ones.

My current configuration looks like:

[general]
context=default
port=5060