[Asterisk-Users] checking voice mail from different phone

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sat Sep 17 17:40:34 MST 2005

Set up an extension that goes to voicemailmain()

Exten => 7777,1,voicemailmain()

Dial 7777 (or whatever you want

Another option is to set it up so you call your voicemail and press *
during the greeting, this is typical of many cell carriers, add the
following to your extension macro if you use one

exten => a,1,voicemailmain(${macro_exten})

there are other options as well, but the goal is to send the call to
voicemailmain()