[Asterisk-Users] How to make Basic authenticatuion in Asterisk server.

shubhendu mishra mishramcs at yahoo.co.in
Fri Sep 16 21:52:49 MST 2005

Hi all,

I am using Asterisk server with my SIP phones.
I want to set Asterisk server in Basic authentication so that when SIP phone sends the register request to asterisk server , asterisk server will send Basic authentication challenge to SIP phones.Presently asterisk is sending only digest challenge to SIP phones.

Please tell me how can we set basic mode in Asterisk.what are the correct configuration for this problem.

Please suggest as early as possible.

Thanks and regard's
Shubhendu Mohan